Our Scholarship Program
The Service CU Impact Foundation’s scholarship program is intended to assist students in funding their higher education needs and award deserving students in order to meet educational and professional goals and achieve their full potential.
The Service CU Impact Foundation will look at many factors when reviewing scholarship applicants to include Service Credit Union membership, academic achievement and community service.
Primary Award Criteria
- Academic achievement, including grades, rank in class, standardized test scores and achievement test scores.
- Community and extracurricular involvement
- Participation in community service activities
- Awards and recognition in academic, school, extracurricular or community that illustrate and enhance the student’s ability to enter higher education
- Work history
- High school seniors
- Students currently enrolled in a 4- or 2-year program
- Future students not currently attending school but have been accepted to a 2-year program
- The student applying must be a member in good standing of Service Credit Union for one year or longer or the dependent of a Service Credit Union member
- Non-renewable scholarship
- Applicant must be pursuing a 2 or 4 year college degree.
- Full-time attendance to college is preferred. Part-time attendance must be justified
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply
Application Process and Requirements
- Online Service CU Impact Foundation application must be completed.
- 1 letter of recommendation from the following (pick one):
- High school faculty
- Community organization member
- Student essay will be required and focuses on a specific topic each year. New in 2022: option to submit a written or video essay
- High school transcripts are required
- Letter of acceptance from college or university required
- List of honors or awards, academic activities, volunteer work, employment, and leadership positions – these will be needed to complete the application
The 2022 scholarship program is closed and recipients have been notified. The scholarship program will reopen in January 2023. Please check back at that time for a link to apply. Thank you for your interest!